We encourage the children to participate actively in their own learning and foster an atmosphere where they will want to explore and learn more.
We actively encourage positive relationships where children have high levels of self-esteem and self confidence, developing care and respect for themselves, others and their environment.
We also recognise that parents and carers are the primary educators of children in their early years.
We encourage strong parent/Pre-School relationships where parents and carers feel their contribution is valued.
Our mission is to provide a high quality early years environment, ensuring that children are happy and involved with their own learning, and that parents and carers are happy and included in their child’s care and education.
We aim to do this by:
• Providing an inclusive, safe, caring, stimulating, challenging and Christian environment.
• Providing a balance of child initiated and well planned carefully structured activities for your child, based on their individual developmental needs to foster their well-being, self esteem and personal development.
• Providing a well balanced curriculum that meets the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage, in multi sensory, varied approach to cater for all learning styles and individual preferences.
• Providing regular opportunities for communication, where parents and carers can exchange and discuss information, concerning their child’s development with Pre-School staff. Providing access to the Pre-school Google class page (online communication for pre-school families).
• Having FUN!
Pre-school is open every day in term time. There are two sessions with the option of staying for lunch at school. Our sessions are:
• Morning Session- 8.45am-11.45am.
• Lunch Session -11.45am-12.15pm.
• Afternoon Session- 12.15pm-3.15pm.
We cannot convey the atmosphere of Pre-School here fully, so we hold an open session on the first day of every new school term. Please check on our ‘diary dates’ tab for dates and times.
Children can start from the term in which they have their 3rd birthday.
Click here to download our Pre-school Application form then complete, sign and return to the school office.
PRE-SCHOOL FEES and FUNDING
Funding for 3 and 4 year olds:
All 3 and 4 year olds qualify for 15 hours of free early education in their term following their third birthday. We not only offer the 15 hours free childcare (funded by the government) but we can also offer the 30 hours government funded sessions for eligible families.
Date of third birthday Government funded Pre-school sessions start from
1 April – 31 August September (Autumn Term)
1 September – 31 December January (Spring Term)
1 January – 31 March April (Summer Term)
You may be able to receive up to 30 hours free childcare. If you’re eligible for the extra hours, you sign up on line to obtain a code to give to Pre-school to reserve your place. You apply for the hours the term before your child starts them. You will get the extra hours once the next term starts.
Funding for 2 year olds:
Central Bedfordshire Council are currently offering funding for 2 year olds whose family circumstances meet certain criteria.
Whether your child is 2, 3 or 4 years old we ask all families to go to https://childcare-support.tax.service.gov.uk/par/app/applynow for eligibility criteria and online check. We understand that every family has individual requirements; we try to ensure that you child’s sessions meet the needs of your family.
Please see our online shop for prices of lunches and sessions (under 3 year olds and 3years+). Note: Our prices will be increasing in September 2021. 3yr+ lunch ‘care’ will be £2.70. For those under 3years, lunch ‘care’ will be £3.50. If you require a hot meal, they remain at £2.30 which is the same throughout the school. Any sessions which are not covered by funding will be charged as follows: 3yrs+ £13.95, under 3 years £16.50.